Youth Engagement Lead (Seeds of Leadership)
Job Title - Youth Engagement Lead (Seeds of Leadership)
Employment Type: Contract - Full Time - 12 months
For the past 3 years at Seeds of Leadership, we have been dedicated to nurturing the leadership potential in youth. Through customized training, guidance, and community projects, we instill essential skills, mindsets, and characteristics integral to exemplary leadership. With a vision for a more equitable world, we underscore the pivotal role of emerging leaders in driving positive change.
Our mission is to identify and nurture young talents (Age 14 – 21), providing them with an uplifting environment to hone their leadership skills and emerge as the proactive innovators and leaders our world needs. With an entrepreneurial spirit, we're always seeking out ways to enhance our approach, services, and overall impact.
In just three years, we have empowered the launch of over 100 projects, positively affecting more than 2,000 lives. These young individuals have established businesses, addressed community issues, and initiated programs that bring transformative change to people. As we look forward to welcoming more Youth Cohorts, we are set on elevating the contributions of young individuals throughout Canada.
The role of the Youth Engagement Lead at Seeds of Leadership is crucial in fast tracking the development of our upcoming leaders. They serve as a primary role model for the youth as they navigate through the program's path. This position not only drives our youth programs but also lays the foundation for a nurturing environment where young individuals can thrive. Through mentorship, event coordination, and establishing valuable partnerships, the Engagement Lead directly impacts the youth's trajectory, ensuring they are equipped with the tools and confidence to make meaningful contributions to their communities and beyond.
We are looking for a creative, detailed oriented, and positive individual with a desire to have an impact on the development of youth. Someone vibrant, adaptable, and naturally relatable to young individuals. A person eager to get their hands dirty to get the work done and hungry for learning and improvements.
Please bear in mind that having a solid grasp of the subjects the youth are studying is essential for providing effective assistance. To aid in this, we will provide you with the necessary training, information and resources related to the topics.
What will you be doing?
- Youth development: Establishing mentorship ties by engaging with youth individually every month, ensuring they provide timely and quality project reports, and linking them with relevant resources for their growth and projects.
- Coordinating immersive learning events: Plan and oversee immersive learning experiences such as retreats, summits, and coaching circles. This includes managing a current events calendar, conceiving innovative engagement activities, budgeting for each event, and collaborating with the creative team to effectively promote the Seeds brand and its events.
- Youth scouting: Proactively identify and screen young individuals with leadership potential through partnerships with other organizations and by organizing recruitment events.
- Volunteer Engagement: Responsible for attracting, training, and supporting volunteers. This includes implementing recruitment strategies, providing necessary training, offering ongoing support, and maintaining strong relationships to keep volunteers engaged and motivated.
- Partnership building: Develop and sustain relationships with partners to enable youth to execute their impact projects collaboratively, as well as securing sponsorships for learning events.
- Grants acquisition: Identify pertinent grant opportunities, diligently track and follow up on applications, and creatively write and submit grant proposals.
To be successful you need the…
- Ability to relate to the youth
- Optimistic mindset
- Hunger for excellence
- Strong critical thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with flexible work time including weekends
Experience we are looking for:
Preferred experience of 2-3 years in supporting the development of youth